We are very proud to announce that Daimler AG is sharing its in-vehicle data via our marketplace. Through a single point of access interested companies can choose between five different data packages to boost their mobility services. All are checked for GDPR-compliance.
“We’ve created the necessary conditions to ensure that our customers have access to car data. Caruso simplifies the usage across all OEMs,” said Alexander Haid, Managing Director at Caruso GmbH. “We are proud to have another experienced OEM on board whose data offer our customers new business models and innovations.”
As a neutral server, we enable the provision of Mercedes-Benz data for the following use cases:
- Pay-as-you-drive: The data package includes the current odometer reading of the connected vehicles. Information can be used for insurance services.
- Fuel Status: The data package provides information about the fuel level and the remaining vehicle range.
- Vehicle Status: This package contains information about the status of (not) open doors, open windows or sliding sunroof.
- Vehicle Lock Status: The data package provides information about the locking status of the vehicle (locked/unlocked) and its current direction by means of a compass function.
- Electric Vehicle: The package is intended for electric vehicles and includes the battery charge status and remaining vehicle range.
Interested customers will get OEM-independent in-vehicle data via a harmonized interface. Further OEMs will be connected to our platform successively. Integration efforts are minimized for data consumers, since only the interface to Caruso has to be implemented.